WELLNESS ALLIANCE INC
The Wellness Culture You Need
11 Natural means of improving immunity in the Covid19 Period
These means are good for improving immunity in general.
1. Eat a diet rich in fresh, live, multicolored, minimally processed vegetables and fruits. They contain the flavonoids and polyphenols you need to optimize your immunity. Other foods rich in flavonoids are: Green Tea, Quercitin, blueberries, dark chocolate, red wine.
To prevent viral infections and improve immunity you need 1000 mg-5000 mg of Flavonoids / day.
You can get 1000 mg of flavonoids from consuming 100 mg of blueberries, or 100 mg of dark chocolate, or 250 ml of green tea, or 250 ml of red wine.
2. Make sure you have a restful and sufficient sleep
An approximate sleep is a minimum of 7-8 hours. If you are not rested enough, take a nap during the day.
3, Do regular moderate exercise. Ideally at least an hour a day. The exercise is recommended not to be intensive. Excessive intensity of physical activity decreases immunity.
4. Supplement with Vitamin D, especially those who are deficient. We test the level of vitamin D in the laboratory annually. Vitamin D helps prevent antivirals. Vitamin D is secreted in the presence of sunlight, so it is advisable to expose yourself to the sun daily at the right times - protecting you at peak hours 11 am-4pm. Sun exposure is more deficient during the cold season and when we spend more time at home.
A safe amount of vitamin D is 1000 IU per day but can rise to 2000 IU per day in case we are missing.
Naturally, vitamin D is found in: fatty fish: salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines, foods fortified with vitamin D -cow's milk, soy milk, orange juice-, oats; egg yolk- especially from freely raised chickens, and in the sun, cow liver, cod liver, mushrooms (wild and grown in the sun). Cod liver oil contains vitamin D.
5. Supplement with 1 gr of Vitamin C daily. Vitamin C has been found to decrease the duration and severity of colds. Naturally, vitamin C is found in fruits such as oranges, kiwis, lemons. Grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, and in vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, beets, asparagus, green beans ... If we eat a few servings of such vegetables and fruits, it is no longer necessary to take vitamin C.
6. Supplement with 20 mg / day of Zinc. Zinc has been found to reduce the risk of pneumonia, colds, specifically in children and the elderly. Zinc decreases the duration of the cold by 33%, and is recommended to be supplemented before the onset of symptoms or immediately within 24 hours of their onset. salmon, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, almonds, milk, spinach, red meat, avocado, eggs, blueberries, raspberries, currants, peas, beans, lime, asparagus, brussels sprouts, mushrooms.
7. Supplement with Echinacea. Echinacea reduces the total number and duration of colds and reduces the risk of their occurrence, and the development of upper respiratory tract complications. It has antiviral and anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory and immune system strengthening properties. Preventively it is recommended to be taken even 4 months before the viral exposure, around 2400 mg of Echinacea / day and during the disease to raise the dose to 4000 mg Echinacea daily. The earlier you take it, the more you protect yourself. good for the disease.
8. Supplement with garlic. Garlic has been found to have antiviral properties and improve immune system function. Its active ingredient Alicin taken for 12 weeks 180 mg a day has been found to reduce the appearance of colds, their intensity and duration. It can be consumed naturally or as a supplement.
9. Supplement your diet with Probiotics. Probiotics are "good" bacteria that are found in the intestines and are responsible for absorbing nutrients and maintaining a strong immune system. They belong to the category of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteria. It has been found that probiotics decrease the number of days of illness, the duration of respiratory infections in children and adults. Probiotics are found in fermented foods such as: sauerkraut (unpasteurized), pickles, borscht, yogurt (the one with active live cultures), kefir (even more potent in probiotics than yogurt) kambucha tea (made from fermented green and black tea), vinegar of apples, varieties of cheeses such as mozzarella, cheddar, gouda, ... They can be supplemented with supplements in the form of powders or capsules.
10. Other Immune Supplements: Septilin (Himalaya Drugs), Turmeric, Ging Seng, Royal Jelly
In case of illness supplemented with Elderberry-Sambuccol and Golden Seal,
11. Use healthy means of stress management: meditation, relaxation, mindfulness, sports, movies. It has been found that increased psychological stress is associated with increased susceptibility to upper respiratory tract infections.
All of the above enhance immunity and decrease the transmission of colds, making the body less susceptible to influenza and Coronavirus Covid 19.
We end by wishing you to take care of your health and stay healthy!